A travel jewelry case is more than just a fashionable box that can be used to keep your jewelry. It is an organizer with earring bars, ring and necklace loops and extra pouches for everything else. It is more functional than the typical jewelry case that you keep in the bedroom.
How to find the best jewelry case for a trip
The first step is to choose what jewelries you want to pack for the trip. There are 2 rules in choosing jewelry: travel with jewelry that you won’t mind losing and keep it to the minimum. For example, you can wear your wedding ring but leave behind the irreplaceable engagement ring. Wear the watch that seamlessly matches with your outfits. You can pack a few stud earrings, a simple necklace, anklet and a bracelet; not the hard one otherwise you have to wear it. Do not pack expensive items like your precious Tiffany necklace.
One you have a jewelry list; you have to determine what type of storage you want for the jewelries and the price you are willing to pay. However, cost must not matter if you want a jewelry case that will serve you well for years. Travel jewelry cases comes in different sizes, designs and colors. There is a hanging jewelry case to display your jewelries and the compact, lockable travel jewelry case that priorities safety.
Best travel jewelry cases
- Hard-sided jewelry case – is just as stylish as the contents it protects. It is compact and cute and can easily fit a purse, small suitcase or a hiking backpack. The fashionably patterned interior includes an earring bar, ring loop, necklace pouch and bracelet pocket. It is flexible enough to be used from the office to your best friend’s birthday party.
- Quilted jewelry organizer – is the best option for obsessive organizers. It is spacious with plenty of space for your jewelries. A zippered main compartment has several specific slots like the removable earring holder and additional pockets for a watch, bracelet, rings and necklaces.
- Mini jewelry cases – is a smaller version of a brand’s full-size jewelry case. It is perfect for a weekend trip because it can only hold a few rings, earrings and necklaces. The interior includes a small felt pouch with satin drawstrings to secure the necklaces and prevent them from tangling. It can fit easily inside a purse or carry-on.
- Mirrored jewelry case – has a built-in mirror into the lid so that you can checkout whether your earrings matches with your makeup. Similar to other travel jewelry cases, it also includes separate compartments for bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings.
- Leather travel jewelry case – is the best option for men who want to travel in style. It includes slots for rings and cufflinks and extra pockets for watches. It offers just enough organization for one-bag travelling.
Pack only a small amount of jewelry; those that you won’t mind losing and can be easily replaced. Organize all the items properly inside the travel jewelry case so that they won’t be misplaced, lost or damaged.